Friday, February 8, 2008

So what now?

Romney is out. He bowed out with a lot of grace and style. I must admit I am a little disappointed in his withdrawal but it was no surprise. You see, in my view, Romney is just showing his true side. He is a guy of integrity and grace and style.

Some people say he is weak. If you saw his fight with Ted Kennedy back in 1992 when he ran for US Senate in MA, then you know this guy is not a coward. It was a nasty and hard fought campaign.

His run for the Governors office was not a pick-nick either. This guy is down for the fight when he wants to be. This guy does not back away from a challenge. But this time I think he was genuine when he said that it (this race) was not about him. He said it was about the GOP and the future of our nation.

I cannot say the same for Huckabee. This guy knows he cannot win the nomination but he stayed in simply because he knew he could hurt Romney and he did. So you could say Romney was not strong enough to fight the tag team of McCain/Huckabee.

No matter. Romney reminds us that we, as a party, need to put our foot forward and remember our conservative roots. We have to be united in order to beat back the liberals run for the White House.

I will be watching the Democrat race with much anticipation. In any even, history will be made this year. It would be ashame to miss history in the making.

By the way, even though I would not vote for him, I am pulling for Obama. Not because he is a black man, but because I can't stand Hillary. Its just that simple.

So that is what is next, watching the Democrats. They are a sneaky bunch.

No comments: