Thursday, March 13, 2008

Support Obama because he is Black. Not this Black man

I get asked a lot who I support during this primary season. When I say, “no way in hell will I ever vote for Hillary” everyone assumes that I am for Obama. Of course I have to correct them.


They usually say something to the effect that since I am a Black man I should be supporting Obama. Now let me say this and I hope I make myself very clear. I don't give a damn about Barack Obama's skin color. Hell, I am not just a Black man myself. I am of mixed heritage. But I do identify with being Black. Thus I am known as the coolest, most politically incorrect conservative Black man on the planet.


I don't support anyone because they are a particular color or they belong to a particular group and I hope to God that you don't either. It makes no sense.


I don't support Obama because he is an empty suite. He has no substance. When you go looking for his record while he was in the Illinois state senate you find he really doesn't have one. He did nothing outstanding. He probably avoided voting on issues as much as he voted at all. He really didn't stand for anything then and he sure as hell doesn't really stand for anything now.


Oh sure Obama can give a great speech. But we also know that he has plagiarized (read as stolen) speeches and phrases from others including the sitting Governor of Massachusetts, Deval Patrick. But Obama is great to listen to. I just want to know more about what he believes.


You could say I am playing the race card. The anti-race card. I don't give a damn about race. I think it would be great to have a Black president. I think it would be great to have a female president. I think it would be great to have an Asian president. It would even be great to have a legally blind president. But I would not vote for anyone because they were one or more of the above.


They need to have the qualifications to do the job. They need to have ideas and beliefs that are similar to my own. They have to believe in something. Something. Obama doesn't seem to believe in anything. At least he doesn't believe enough to have some deep thought and reason. There is no substance to what he says.


Yes we can. OK. Yes we can what? Keep hope alive. What hope? Hope for what? I want to know exactly what you mean by that. I hear a lot about keeping hope alive or that we can do what we need to do to keep hope alive. I don't know what that means.


What is the hope we are trying to keep alive? If it has to do with opportunity, then we live in the land of opportunity. If it is so one can provide for their family, then we live in a land where that is possible to do more easily than just about anywhere else on the planet.


The worst part about Obama is that he never goes into great detail about what his plans are. He never tells you in great detail how he would accomplish his goals and dreams. And of course he never tells us how much those goals and dreams of his will cost each and every one of us.


So I don't support Obama not because he is Black. I would not support him because he is Black. I would only support him based on his ideas. Frankly if you listen and read all about this man you will see he has only shallow ideas and he believes the same old Liberal mantra that every other Liberal believes.


The rich are evil, the government is savior to the world. Sorry, but if that is what he believes, then even if I would support him because of his skin color, I could not because of those beliefs. And neither should you.

2 comments:

Jposty said...

Have you heard Obama's minister yet?

Jeremiah Wright... that man is definitely going to stir up a lot of misguided animosity.

-James
www.thepoliticus.org

Lilly said...

That is one of the most sensible commentaries I have ever read. I love your posts and it's not because I even because I agree with them. Now send it to the Huffington Post. Your posts are way more relevant and well thought out than any stuff I have been reading there of late.