Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When the Heart is broken due to do gooders

I often get accused of being a cold and hard s.o.b. Does that really bother me? No, not at all. Am I really a cold hard s.o.b.? Depends on who you ask but I like to think that I am far more compassionate than the Liberal that says I am cold and hard.

How is that? Well for one, I don't go around giving people a fish and then expect them to learn how to fish all on their own after I leave. That is what a Liberal does.

To be fair, Liberals have good intentions. The problem is they don't think about things logically nor do they think about what their actions will do in the long run.

So, yes it is very heart warming to give a man a fish today. You know he will eat today. You know he will feel warm and fuzzy today. The Liberal will feel warm and fuzzy as well. But then the Liberal goes away the next day. The man still has a need to eat but the Liberal does not see nor does the Liberal meet that need.

They failed to give the man the fish. So the man comes back to where the Liberal was looking for his daily fish. But the Liberal is not there. So the man does not know what to do so he goes hungry for that day.

I, on the other hand, would love to give that man a fish to fill his belly today. But I think of something better. I teach that man to fish. I go with him and help him land his first fish. That night we both dine and are happy and full and warm and fuzzy all over.

The next day when I leave, the man does not go to the corner looking for a fish to be given to him so he can eat that day. He heads to the lake and puts his line in the water and catches his dinner. He dines again that night and is full and feels warm and fuzzy all over. Meanwhile across town, the man whom the Liberal fed yesterday and did not teach to feed himself is cold, hungry and alone.

I ask you who then is the cold, hard s.o.b.? Not I, for I have eliminated hunger in one man. The Liberal has perpetuated that hunger in another. To me that is cruel and unusual punishment.

1 comment:

Harrison said...

Liberals do not think things through... about this you are correct. They do not consider cause and effect or, if they do, they discount effect and concentrate on cause only, which they chalk up to greed and ignore human nature and the corrupting power of government.