Friday, September 26, 2008

What the Pledge Means to Me.

There has been a lot of talk and argument about Barak Obama and his allegiance. Why does he not solute the flag? Why does he not stand and show his support for the Pledge of Allegiance? Is he not Patriotic? Does he pledge his allegiance to someone or something else?

We can only speculate on what goes on in his mind. But his actions do speak louder than his words. But you also have to stop and ask yourself. Where does your allegiance lie? Do you truly hold your hand over your heart and recite the Pledge whenever you hear it? Do you focus on what it means to pledge to your nation?

Well I have thought about it and here is what the Pledge of Allegiance means to me.

I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America...
I will stand and defend her with my very life because she has given me so much and others deserve to have what I have enjoyed. I pledge to defend her at anytime and anywhere.

And to the Republic for which it stands...
The flag represents the United States of America. The flag is the symbol for which I pledge my allegiance and my life to defend.

One Nation...
We are 50 small States that stand UNITED under one Federal Government and know that United we Stand, and Divided we Fall.

Under God...
The Founding Fathers were not deists but rather God fearing Christian believing men. They put fourth a Republic that took many of its principles directly from the Bible.

Indivisible...
No matter what, we are one people, no matter where we come from. That United we are stronger than any enemy and we cannot be broken.

With Liberty and Justice for all.
We are strong because we have liberty. We are free because we have justice. We grow because we strive to provide liberty and justice for all of our citizens no matter the color of their skin.

That pledge is what sends a tingly feeling up my leg every time I hear it. There is no greater nation on the planet. I will stand and defend that nation with my life if need be because the USA is worth it. Period. Now where does your allegiance lie?

No comments: